- Don’t forget about the Eid Party tomorrow Hope you are excited as much as I am!!!
- Also I need some volunteer for setting up for Eid Party… your help and support are greatly appreciated!
Have a great day!!
Assalamu ‘Alaikum! On Monday September 21st from 12:30-1:30 we will be having a class Eid Party in the Gym to celebrate Eid-ul-Adha.You is cordially invited!! The following are the activities we will be doing:
- Card Exchange- each student will make a card for the other students during class.
- Food brought from home- We would like all students to contribute by sending in one entrée food item for the party. Please choose items that the children will be able to have as a lunch item (not just desserts J)
- Eid dress up- Please have children dress up in their Eid clothes (or other nice clothes)
- Optional Gift Exchange- for all students that would like to participate. A girl should buy a gift for a girl, a boy for a boy. Gifts should be between $5-$10. The gifts will be exchanged by putting numbers on the gifts and having the children pick a number out of a basket.
- (We are also looking for Parents to volunteer to prepare Goodie Bags for 21 students.)
JAK for all your help,
Sr. Sharmeen and Sr. Maimuna
Student Name: _____________________________________________________
Food item or other item being brought in: ______________________________
(Like-Main Dish/ Desserts/Drinks/ Utensils/Cups and Paper Plates)
Participating in gift exchange? Yes or no (circle one)
Parent Name: ______________________________________________________
Phone Number: _____________________________________________________
Parent Signature: ____________________________________________________
- Hajj Fair will be on September-17th
- 4th grade schedule is from 9:15 (4-A) to 10:30(4-B. Please come and join us
- This week is Map Testing in all the subjects.
- inshaAllah we will start our beginning of the YEAR Conferences this week.
Math- This week, we will learn about compare and order numbers.
Science- In science we are learning Five Kingdoms of the world.
If you have any questions and concerns, dont hesitate to contact us
Have a lovely week
- Inshallah all of you had a wonderful weekend and you are all charged up for a new week at school.
- Last week we focused on learning Al-iman school rules and procedure, We spent time get to know each other.
- Last week we had beginning of the year Testing,alhamdulilah we got done with that.
- Now we are all ready to begin learning The following is what we will be doing this week:
Math: We will be reviewing place value this week and beginning addition. We will be starting off with estimating and rounding, and then moving on to learning about different strategies to help us with addition
Science: We are introducing World of Living Things this week and we will be discussing about Basic process skills and five kingdoms of the world , etc.
Please let us know if you have any questions my email is -Sharmeen,email@example.com
You all have a great day!!!
Welcome back 4th Grade students and parents. I am so excited to start this new adventure and hit the ground running. I hope all of you had a refreshing and enjoyable summer and are ready to get back to work to make this 2015-2016 school-year a success. Cannot wait to meet each and everyone of you at the open house inshAllah!!!
Have a Great Day
We want to say thank you to all the students! When we teach, we also learn. This past year we have grown together. A little bit of each of you will always be with us. Always strive to be the best that you can be.
To the parents we want to say thank you for allowing us to be your child’s teacher. It has been a wonderful and rewarding year for us. It has been such a blessing to have such supportive parents. We will always remember this fourth grade class!
Building Reading and Language Arts Skills:
- Read every day for at least 30 minutes.
- Read chapter books and nonfiction books.
- Summarize what was read in your own words: writing or talking to someone.
- Study Island and BrainPOP are your friends!!!
Building Math Skills:
- It is recommended to have hands-on involvement better than regular paper/pencil activities.
- Make up problems around the house with math facts.
- Ask them to make new recipes using measuring tools.
- Come up with new ideas to remodel the house using different shapes and models.
- Review addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts on a daily basis.
Also remember to review the Surah’s they learned and keep a record of it in their Quran log. There are a lot of good and free websites for speaking and writing Arabic.
Some helpful websites are: